On April 28th 10am to 2pm at the Holy Redeemer (Enter on Vancouver Blvd), we’ll be hosting a neighborhood cleanup–we’ll have dumpsters and you can bring the junk that’s been sitting in your yard, alley, or basement.
Things that we will accept:
- Yard Debris (No Stems Larger Than 4-Inches)
- Tires (With or Without Rim)
- Metal (Junk Metal & Appliances Without Coolant & Fully Drained Gas Powered Machines & Water Heaters)
- Bulk Waste
- Swap Items (Usable Things You Would Like to Swap With Your Neighbor)
- E-Waste (Everything Except Microwaves)
- Recyclables (1 thru 7, no styrofoam blocks or peanuts)
- Construction Debris (Concrete, Sand, Gravel, Composition Roofing, Plaster, etc.)
- No Commercial or Kitchen Garbage
- Paint (Any)
- Batteries (Any)
- Bulbs (Compact Fluorescent Lights, Standard Fluorescent Lights)
- No Hazardous Waste – Chemicals (Any)
- AC Units
What Can I Bring to Swap?
- Clothing (Children – Adult)
- Books & Toys
- Play Equipment
- Household Items
- Art & Craft Supplies
- Tools & Building Materials
- Gardening Supplies
What’s it cost?
- $5 Cars
- $10 Trucks/Vans
- $15 Trailers/Oversize Loads
- $3 per computer monitor
- $3 per tire
Event volunteers can dispose and recycle for free.
Volunteers are needed to direct traffic, sort recyclable items, unload debris into dumpsters, and do litter patrol for this event. Contact Justin Thompson @ thompsonju -at- gmail.com or 503.740.0502.
Sponsored by: Piedmont Neighborhood Association, Metro, North Portland Neighborhood Services, Bureau of Planning and Sustainability, & Holy Redeemer Catholic School