>Portland Sunday Parkways announces an exclusive opportunity for volunteers. A Talk in the Park enhances and enriches your volunteer experience at the event and gives you an opportunity to really engage in the meaning and impacts of Sunday Parkways.
A Talk in the Park is an opportunity for a small group of neighbors to sit down with a notable professional and discuss topics that are central to the mission of Sunday Parkways. These topics include Community Building, Alternative Transportation and Healthy Lifestyles. Limited to only Intersection Superheroes, A Talk in the Park is a one hour round-table discussion with a community leader. Each talk is limited to only 15 people and takes place during or after the Sunday Parkways event. Snacks and drinks will be provided.
Our speakers for the North Sunday Parkways event on Sunday, June 27th include:
- JONATHAN MAUS – Publisher and Editor of BikePortland.org AND Piedmont neighbor
- NANCY BECKER, MS RD LD – Chair of the Oregon Nutrition Policy Alliance
- LAURA FOSTER – Famed author and guide of Portland walking tours (giving a free guided walking tour of a NE Portland neighborhood)
- EVAN ROSS – Co-founder and Chair of the Bicycle Business League
- STEPH ROUTH – Director of Willamette Pedestrian Coalition
A Talk in the Park is an exclusive opportunity for those who register as Intersection Superheroes. When you sign up, we provide you with all the information to get you set up for the event. We keep the location for the talk secret, but then give you the details as you sign in to volunteer at the event.
Click here for more information or to register as a volunteer.