>Neighborhood Traffic


Recently, a neighbor asked what could be done about the speeding cars that frequently cut through his street. I’m sharing my response here with you in hopes you find it useful as well:

You…and every one of your neighbors…needs to do two things:

contact the City of Portland’s Traffic Safety Hotline 503-823-SAFE and report
the problem. More information here:

contact the City of Portland Police Bureau’s Non-Emergency line and file a
complaint. 503-823-3333

With both PDOT and PPB the more people that call
in and raise the concern the greater the response. In fact, every time I meet
with our local PPB officers they encourage us to speed dial their non-emergency
line for ANYTHING as it all gets logged. The more people complain, the higher it
goes on the priority list.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: